We are delighted to be able to announce the success of all delegates who attended both the Fire Manager Module 1 and Module 2 courses which took place in Glasgow in March.
Fire Manager Module 1
Many delegates who attended this course were not local to the venue, with three travelling all the way from Malta to attend. We are pleased that all delegates were successful in the final open book examination, and the trip was worthwhile for our foreign attendees.
The delegates were, in alphabetical order:
- Tom Bennett, Health & Safety Manager (Menzies Distribution)
- Owen Bonello, Health & Safety Inspector (Ministry for Transport and Infrastructure, Malta) - "Course was above expectations, thanks to all."
- Alan Brown, Health & Safety Officer (North Lanarkshire Council) - "Excellent course, good pace of instruction. Trainer's knowledge beyond excellent. Looking forward to Module 2."
- Marfred Bugeja, (Ministry for Transport and Infrastructure, Malta) - "Course provides invaluable information regarding fire risk assessment and overall fire management."
- Bruce Cawood, Fire Safety Advisor (Gallowglass H & SLLP) - "Wonderful course and extremely useful for my industry. Amazing teacher, looking forward to the Diploma course next year already."
- Allan Courtney, Director (Lomond Compliance Services)
- Nicholas Debono, OHS Officer (Ministry for Transport and Infrastructure, Malta)
- Patrycja Kuchta, Safety Administrator (Menzies Distribution)
- Terry Lewis, Managing Director (SEWI UK Ltd)
- Mark Mancini, Building Surveyor (Keegans) - "Great course, very interesting. Trainer very knowledgeable and approachable, with vast experience in the subject matter."
- Angus McPhee, (Self Employed)
- Michael O'Neill, Assistant H & S (North Lanarkshire Council) - "Trainers knowledge and easy manner made for both an enjoyable and informative course, excellent!!"
- Kenneth Watt, Health & Safety Advisor (ISG Construction Ltd) - "Trainer is very knowledgeable and he has a reassurance in his style of training."
We are also pleased to congratulate Hendrik Husselman, (Lain O'Rourke) and Lisa Marshall (Johnson Matthey who have successfully completed both Module 1 & Module 2 of the Fire Manager Certificate and are now eligible to apply to the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE), and / or the Institute of Fire Safety Manager (IFSM) for fire technician grade TIFire/TIFSM.
Fire Manager Module 2
Although only three delegates attended the Fire Manager Module 2 course in Glasgow, they all worked well together and were all successful!
Comments from the three attendees were:
- “Excellent Course, trainer's knowledge and expertise way above excellent. I will personally recommend this course to other Services within North Lanarkshire Council.” - Alan Brown, Health & Safety Officer, North Lanarkshire Council
- "Excellent trainer, easy manner made for a less stressful time.” - Michael O'Neill, Assistant Health & Safety Officer, North Lanarkshire Council
- “Module 1 was very good, Module 2 was better, well done to the trainer, thanks.” - Kenny Watt, Health & Safety Advisor, ISG Construction
We would like to thank all delegates for their commitment and enthusiasm during training, and wish them every success in their fire risk assessment and fire safety management duties.