This course has been designed specifically for individuals who have taken the NEBOSH Fire Safety & Risk Assessment Certificate, who wish to enhance their knowledge and skill leading to a professionally recognised qualification with either the Institute of Fire Safety Manager (IFSM) or the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) subject to validation.
About the course
A highly practical 5 day in-depth course covering in-depth fire risk assessments and is practical with delegates working on plan drawings using the software provided to produce fire risk assessments, fire safety reports and fire emergency plans.
Those who have not taken the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Assessment certificate can obtain the same outcomes by taking the Fire Manager Course covering Fire Risk Assessment (5 day) and Fire Safety Management (4 day) modules.
The course includes multi-media presentations, working on plan drawings and practical exercises, using software and laptops provided; held on a public or in-house basis for up to 12. Proof of success on the NEBOSH FSRM Cert will be required.
First class training and instruction from qualified fire-safety professionals.
Lunch and refreshments on public courses.
PLUS - Complimentary Training Pack
This complimentary pack includes comprehensive course notes, scale ruler, drawing template, fire-door gap gauge, use of laptops as well as computer software on memory stick using PAS 79 methodology for:
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Records
- Fire Inspections
- Fire Emergency plans
- Pre-Incident Planning
- Fire Guides and more …
Delegates can use their own laptops if preferred and require Word and Excel software but they must not be encrypted and able to read a pen drive.
Who should attend?
Fire Safety Managers, Facilities Managers, Risk Managers, Surveyors Health and Safety practitioners and those looking for a framework for conducting fire risk assessments and compiling fire emergency plans who have the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate.
- The Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) for whom Vulcan is an Approved Centre has accredited the course at Fire Technician (TIFSM) level.
- The Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) has recognised the course as an education programme subject to their validation a Fire Technician grade.
- The British Fire Consortium (BFC) recognised the course as part of its progressive learning programme for members.
- The Ministry of Defence (MOD) has approved the course under its Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme.
5 Day Fire Risk Assessor Approved Certificate.
Conversion to Fire Manager Accredited Certificate.
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will be eligible to apply to the Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) who have accredited the course at Fire Technician (TIFSM) level or the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) who have accepted the course as academic exemption for Fire Safety at TIFireE level, subject to their validation.
What will you be able to do after the course?
On completion of the course you will be better able to:
- Confidently conduct effective fire risk assessments
- Compile fire risk assessment reports
- Compile and manage fire emergency plans
- Identify hazards and any fire safety management deficiencies
- Advise on improvements to control measures in reducing the risk of fire
- Advise on fire-fighting access requirements
- Give advice on construction site fire safety requirements.
In-house course option
Maximum 12 delegates, held on client premises throughout the UK – please ask for details and date availability.
Requirements - a training room large enough to accommodate the number of attendees. Vulcan will provide projector, laptop and screen for the presentation; also laptops for use by delegates who can bring their own if preferred. More space is required for employees to work than for normal training because of the need for laptops and using A3 plan drawings during the course.