For those who have successfully completed Vulcan’s 5 Day Fire Risk Assessor Course this 4 Day module enables delegates, upon successful completion, to be awarded the prestigious Fire Manager Certificate and be eligible to apply to the Institute of Fire Safety Manager (IFSM) or the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) for Fire Technician grade of membership, subject to their validation criteria.
About the course
A highly practical course of study using multi-media presentations and exercises, specifically fire safety related. Public or in-house courses for up to 12 delegates.
It covers all the essentials required to implement an effective fire safety management system to satisfy the requirements of current legislation.
First class training and instruction from qualified fire-safety professionals.
Lunch and refreshments on public courses.
PLUS - Complimentary Training Pack
This complimentary pack includes comprehensive course notes, scale ruler, drawing template, fire-door gap gauge, use of laptops as well as computer software on memory stick using PAS 79 methodology for:
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Records
- Fire Inspections
- Fire Emergency plans
- Pre-Incident Planning
- Fire Guides and more …
Delegates can use their own laptops if preferred and require Word and Excel software but they must not be encrypted and able to read a pen drive.
Who should attend?
Fire Safety Managers, Facilities Managers, Risk Managers, Surveyors, Consultants and Health and Safety practitioners and those looking for a professional, nationally-recognised, fire safety management qualification who have been awarded the Vulcan 5 Day Fire Risk Assessor Certificate.
- The Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) for whom Vulcan is an Approved Centre has accredited the course at Fire Technician (TIFSM) level.
- The Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) has recognised the course as an education programme subject to their validation a Fire Technician grade.
- The British Fire Consortium (BFC) recognised the course as part of its progressive learning programme for members.
- The Ministry of Defence (MOD) has approved the course under its Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme.
4 Day Managing Fire Safety Certificate
5 Day Fire Risk Assessor Approved Certificate.
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will be eligible to apply to the Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) who have accredited the course at Fire Technician (TIFSM) level or the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) who have accepted the course as academic exemption for Fire Safety at TIFireE level, subject to their validation.
What will you be able to do after the course?
On completion of the course you will be better able to:
- Interpret fire safety legislation and its requirements.
- Implement an effective fire safety management structure
- Set up and manage an effective fire awareness training scheme
- Identify and control major fire hazards by setting up a programme of inspections and assessments
- Identify hazards and any fire safety management deficiencies
- Confidently and competently conduct effective fire risk assessments
- Maintain fire records, documentation and fire emergency plan
- Compile fire risk assessment reports
- Compile and manage fire emergency plans
- Advise on improvements to control measures in reducing the risk of fire
- Advise on fire-fighting access requirements
- Give advice on construction site fire safety requirements.
In-house course option
Maximum 12 delegates, held on client premises throughout the UK – please ask for details and date availability.
Requirements - a training room large enough to accommodate the number of attendees. Vulcan will provide projector, laptop and screen for the presentation; also laptops for use by delegates who can bring their own if preferred. More space is required for employees to work than for normal training because of the need for laptops and using A3 plan drawings during the course.